Friday, July 1, 2011

Just 36 Hours Left


Ok, so in exactly 36 hours I will be boarding the first flight of my "Exploring Eastern Europe Dialogue/ Vacation".  To say I am excited is an understatement, though I have yet to start packing. I have lists of what to bring,  lists of where to visit in countries, and of course a small list of homework to be completed.

I am writing this blog, to help me remember all the places I will be traveling to. To use an old old cliche, "The world is my oyster",  I am ready to explore. With exploration comes many memories, the good, the bad, the funny, and the sad. I want to remember and cherish each.

The first part of my trip is the Dialogue, in the Balkans region. We are studying in Belgrade for two weeks, after we will be taking small excursions to cities throughout the Balkan region. The two courses will help achieve my minor I have been working towards in International Affairs. In these classes we will learn about the Balkan Region, previously known as the Former Yugoslavia. The second part of the trip I will be traveling with a friend to a few countries to relax after the six weeks of studying.  I cannot wait to depart, yet I am nervous about my lack of prior knowledge of the Balkan region.

My goal is to attach one video or picture per posting, as a way to remember exactly what I thought, saw, or felt at that moment. Above is a picture of the region where the dialogue is taking place, and below is me excited to travel the world. I will probably end up exhausted, but I am too excited for my journey to even think about falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment