Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Beauty.

The buffet of food the hotel had for breakfast was delicious; we filled our stomachs, and then packed onto the bus and headed for the Plitvice Lake National Park. Once at the park we split into smaller groups to explore the area. Our group decided to take one of the longer paths around the lakes. We were able to see a lot of the waterfalls, and multi-colored lakes. The views were breath taking. These lakes are all different colors due to mineral content, organisms; the way the sun hits the surface, and temperature. We hiked around the lakes for over 5 hours. Upon completion I was exhausted.
 


































We got back on the bus at 3 in the afternoon, and headed for our final destination, Zagreb. As soon as I got into my seat I passed out for the entire trip. Of course our hotel in Zagreb was far from the city center, so Marissa and I decided to head to the nearby mall for dinner. If being near malls is the idea of Location, Location, Location, then Dragan did a great job with that, but I would much prefer being in the city center. That night since we were so tired, the majority of our group chose either to watch a movie at the mall or go to sleep early, I chose the latter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment