Friday, August 5, 2011

Presenting.


Today is the last full day of the dialogue, and the day to give our group presentations focusing on EU accession, and the Euro-Atlantic treaty. If I were assigned this presentation back when we were in Belgrade, I would have had no knowledge or experience in regards to these topics. Professor Yiannis likened this trip to a puzzle, as we travelled we were able to put together the pieces, and then learn about the big picture.  I am so grateful for the opportunity. By being in the region I have learned so much more than a textbook could have ever taught me.

Today is also a national holiday in Croatia, so the majority of the shops downtown were closed, so we decided to stay by the hotel and relax. The afternoon had a bittersweet feeling. Many were happy to be done with the work and were ready to get home or onto their travels, but there was also the feeling of missing new friends. After a late dinner at the mall, many of us hung out in the hotel reminisced on the trip. Fiona and I also made plans to wake up early and head into town for a breakfast of champions, ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment