Monday, August 1, 2011

Persistence.


This morning everyone woke up refreshed and ready to get to the Plitvice Lake area. I was especially excited, because I heard there would be places to hike and explore. That is one thing I miss about being home, the ability to be outside doing physical activities. We arrived to our quaint hotel mid-afternoon, we had a planned family dinner at 7. Our hotel was literally in the middle of nowhere, and I was beginning to go a bit stir crazy. I found a brochure for “Mini-Plitivice” (pictures below) and decided I wanted to do some exploring prior to dinner. I convinced a small group to come along. The brochure said three minute drive, so I figured about a 30 minute walk, but to my surprise, the drive was along a main road that you could not walk so getting there without a car was impossible. Luckily Professor Sullivan was persistent and convinced the manager of the hotel to drive us there and pick us up.

We explored the area for about an hour and then headed back to our hotel for dinner. It was nice to sit with the group and talk about our past few days. We all went to bed early, since we knew tomorrow was going to be a day of hiking and sightseeing.
(photo credit to Fiona for the picture above) 



No comments:

Post a Comment